• Each ton of cement production-one ton of carbon-dioxide, 1 kg of sulphur dioxide (SO2), 2 kg oxides of nitrogen (NOx)
and 10 kg dust into the atmosphere (Zhang et al., 2018)
• Shortage of Landfill sites
Geopolymer concrete (GPC)- novel form of concrete, synthesized by the alkali activation of source materials (aluminosilicate rich materials) ( Davidovits, 1991).
On Site Feasibility Problems:
• Highly corrosive alkaline solution-based reagents
• Heat Curing
Feasible Solution: Dry Mixing Technique
• Powder-based reagents: required in less quantity
• Source Materials: aluminosilicate rich materials
• No need of heat curing
Sood, D., Krisht, J., Hossain, K.M.A. Developing geopolymer composites using dry mixing technique. Poster session presented at The Undergraduate Research Opportunities (URO) Program, Toronto, ON.